A few weeks into summer vacations and we know that most of you are probably pulling your hair out in search of suitable entertainment for your children!
We think that your cute monsters would be best put to work in the kitchen. Not only will they thoroughly enjoy themselves but they are likely to pick up skills (like patience and team work) that will serve them well in the future.
Once again, FoodCloud comes to the rescue by bringing to you two uber simple recipes that will leave them licking their lips!
Try these out and let us know what your kids thought of them!
• Ripe Bananas
• Clean popsicle sticks
• Milk chocolate for dipping
• Toppings (small candies, nuts, coconut, or toffee bits)
1. Cut your bananas in half (or cut off the bottom inch for an adult sized treat) and stick popsicle sticks in the bottom.
2. Put the bananas in the freezer for at least an hour.
3. In the meantime, get all of your favorite toppings prepared. We love toffee bits, peanuts, and coconut.
4. Now the fun part. Dip, Dip, Dip! We use milk chocolate. The banana must be completely frozen for the chocolate to harden. Sprinkle with toppings. Don’t be shy…
5. Put on wax paper and let freeze for another LONG (but worth it) hour.
Mmm.. You know one thing you have to try?
• 2 apples
1. Remove apple core.
2. Thinly slice the entire apple.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place apple slices on it. • Sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Bake at 275 degrees for two hours. At the end of hour one flip them over so they bake evenly.
Wasn’t that quick? FYI: The treats are guilt free. And feel proud while your kids eat them! It’s bananas and apples we are talking about here! Enjoy every last bite!